Remove all packaging before lighting. Candles have a memory burn, it’s the first burn of your new candle. We recommend burning your new candle for at least two hours.
The first burn should reach the perimeter of the container and you want to have about ½ inch depth of melted wax.
Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/4 inches at all times. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material and keep the wick centered.
Avoid burning candles in drafts.
Never leave burning candles unattended.
Always keep burning candles within sight at all times.
Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children and animals.
Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
Handle with care; glass containers are fragile.
Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid.
Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched.
Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar.
The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/4". If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/4", and relight.
To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 4 hours at a time or less; it is normal for some wax to be left.
The amount will vary per color, fragrance and burning conditions. Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains.
Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other fire and heat resistant surface.
Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
If using an electric tart warmer, we recommend that you use one that is UL listed for safety assurance.
These tips are useful for any commercial candle.